If your limited mobility is the result of a qualifying medical condition and prevents you from accomplishing basic day-to-day tasks independently in your home, Medicare (or your private insurance) could cover 80% of the cost of your new power chair or scooter. And if you have supplemental insurance, it may cover the remaining 20%.
1. Call us (or come visit us) for your Complimentary Mobility Consultation.
You'll speak with us to discuss how your medical condition is preventing you from getting around your home to complete everyday activities. This information is important to determining whether you may qualify for Medicare coverageóup to 80% of the cost of your new power chair! The information you provide us is private and will only be shared with your insurance company, physician, or other medical professional involved in the process of qualifying you for your new equipment.
2. Schedule a mobility evaluation with your doctor
This step is the most important. To determine whether you are eligible for coverage, Medicare requires you to see your doctor in person specifically for a mobility evaluation. So even if you've had a recent appointment, you must visit your doctor again specifically to discuss your difficulties getting around your home.
Make sure your doctor knows it's for a mobility evaluation, so he or she can collect the right information.
3. We collect required paperwork
After your face-to-face mobility evaluation, we will call your doctor's office to make sure everything continues smoothly. We work with your doctor to collect and process the required paperwork for Medicare and your insurance company.
4. Physical Therapist Evaluation
This is the last step before we are able to deliver your new equipment. A physical therapist must visit you to complete a functional mobility evaluation. This visit is prescribed by your physician and covered by your insurance*. If you are currently seeing a physical therapist or have one you would like to use, we will need to be in contact with them to provide them with the Medicare forms. If you do not have a physical therapist, we or your physician can recommend one for you.
Note: If you are currently receiving Home Health Services, a physical therapist from that agency must complete the forms for it to be covered by your insurance
5. We deliver your power chair to you!
Once we've collected all the required paperwork from your doctor, we call to schedule delivery of your new power chair. We work with you to determine a convenient time to bring your new power chair right to your home. If you like, you can invite a friend or family member to be present at delivery.
On the day of delivery, a Mobility Specialist arrives at your home. They assess your home to ensure your power chair or scooter fits and can be operated safely in your home. They will adjust it to fit you perfectly and show you how to operate it safely and easily. We donít leave until you are completely comfortable using your new power chair.
To find out if you qualify, call us today at 1-800-549-6611 to discuss your mobility issues and insurance coverage.